Senior Lector II of Germanic Languages & Literatures
- Yale Advanced German Courses Coordinator, Yale German Study Abroad Coordinator
- 2001-2012 Language Program Director, Dept. of Germanic Lang. & Lit., Yale University
Current Projects and Teaching Assignments:
- Didacticization of Alina Bronsky’s novel Scherbenpark (2004) for Intermediate German, third text in a series published by Yale University Press.
- Teaches Advanced German, Contemporary German Culture, German Culture and History in Text and Film, German for Reading Knowledge for Research.
- Enrichment of the cultural program for all language classes through extra-curricular activities.
Selected Recent Academic Awards and Achievements:
- Stipend to attend AAUSC/CERLL Summer Workshop “Implementing Literacy-based Instruction in Collegiate FL Programs”, Summer 2012, Tuscon, Az.
- Publication Grant, Frederick W. Hilles Publication Fund, Whitney Humanities Center, Yale University, Fall 2007.
- Annotated Reader for Caroline Link’s filmbook Jenseits der Stille. Yale University Press, Fall 2010, with Birte Christ, University of Gieβen.
- Annotated Reader for Barbara Honigmann’s novel Eine Liebe aus nichts. Yale University Press, Fall 2008, with Birte Christ, Universities of Tübingen und Bonn.
- Literatur und Kultur I and II (readers/textbooks for Intermediate German I and II, published online bywww.UniversityReaders.com.
Latest Papers and Presentations:
- “Türkisch für Anfänger in Intermediate German”, ACTFL, Philadelphia, November 2012.
- “Inter-Institutional / Inter-Disciplinary Teaching Modules,” CLS, Yale University, August 2011.
- “German Culture and History in Text and Film from 1871 to the Present: A Content-Based Advanced German Studies Class,” MLA, Los Angeles, January 2011.