For up-to-date information, contact Marion Gehlker.
Cultural Vistas (aka Carl-Duisburg Gesellschaft): www.culturalvistas.org has an office in Berlin since July 2013.
Yale University Undergraduate Career Services Summer Internship in Germany - Career Services
Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX): Full year, reciprocal work-study scholarship program providing young German professionals with an understanding of everyday life, education, and professional training abroad. Congress-Bundestag Exchange website.
American Association of Teachers of German, Internship Resources for College Students (AATG)
Internship Programs in Germany:
- Cultural Vista programs in Germany.
- Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship: comprehensive professional development program in Germany for accomplished young Americans in business, economics, journalism, law, and public policy. Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship.
- Baden-Württemberg STIPENDIUM WISP Fellowship: Three month summer work-study immersion program in Germany exclusively for college students in vocational fields. Stipendium Wisp
- FUBIS Praktikum
- Fulbright Teaching Assistant Program in Germany and Austria
New in 2018:
- STEM Internships
- Ruhr Fellowship: Deadline: 12/22/2017. Internship: June 4 through July 27, 2018. Fields: engineering, sciences, business
- Technische Universtität München (TUM) Internships, through Yale: Deadline: 12/1/2017. Research under TUM faculty. Program: June 4 through August 10. No German required. At least 2 years of undergraduate study. List of projects/fields
- DAAD RISE Germany (Research Internships in Science and Engineering): Deadline: 12/15/2017 summer internships. Fields: biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences, engineering, or a closely related field. No German necessary, program conducted in English
- Emigre Memorial German Internship Program (EMGIP), through Cultural Vistas: work at German Landtag (state parliament) for 1-3 months
Eight-week summer internships:
- Sophomore or junior academic status at the time of application.
- Strong preference will be given to students historically underrepresented in international exchange. This includes, but is not limited to Pell Grant recipients; veterans; first-generation college students; STEM majors; members of minority communities within the United States; and non-traditional students.
Longterm internships (9-12 months):
For graduating seniors or recent graduates:
- American-Austrian Foundation Internships: On-going, 3 months paid internships, Schloss Arensberg, Salzburg. Administrative support & data analysis. “We offer room and board, a stipend of Euro 400 per month, and $1500 towards round-trip economy airfare.” No deadline, application ongoing.